"A programme that is unique": ESIC launches the first 1-year MBA programme half in Europe and half in China
ESIC Business and Marketing School along with Shanghai International Studies University and Shanghai University launched in Shanghai and Beijing last week their new IMBA. "A programme that is unique" states the brochure, and this feature comes from the fact that it is the first of its kind where participants spend around 60% of the programme in Spain and the remaining 40% in China and get their MBA degree in only one academic year. This innovative programme is based on three pillars, (i) the place for the West and East to meet, (ii) borderless management with GloCal thinking, and (iii) first-hand global business experience. The programme is designed for entrepreneurs and managers who want to broaden their knowledge of international business practices, re-orientate their career, or update their management knowledge with a global focus.
Consulted about this joint initiative with Chinese Business Schools, Dr Gaston Fornes (ESIC China's director and designer of the programme) highlighted the "uniqueness of this IMBA as it is the first to incorporate in its curriculum the changes currently going on in the global economy". The programme has already attracted the attention of the specialised media, for example, Cinco Dias (Spain's major financial daily) stated that this is the best programme currently on offer due to its clear international approach http://blogs.cincodias.com/escuelasdenegocio/2012/02/tres-cosas-que-hacer-antes-de-matricularse-en-un-mba-se-acerca-la-primavera-que-suele-ser-un-periodo-fuerte-de-matr%C3%ADculas.html
ESIC started to get closer to China more than 4 years ago and now around 400 Chinese students participate in its business, language, and executive education programmes while around 100 European students complete their training in China. On this Dr Fornes concluded "this programme is the result of many years of work with very good partners in China; I can only praise the excellent support and help received from SISU and SHU MBAs programmes".
ESIC is currently one of the European schools with the strongest presence in China.
More information about the programme can be found here: http://www.esic.es/documentos/academico/CAT-212-I.PDF